The Taxi Pass Program is changing November 1, 2018
What is Changing?
- You will pay the fare posted on the taxi for your ride.
- Taxi Pass Tickets will be worth $5.00 towards the fare, you can pay with more than one ticket.
- You will be able to buy up to 3 booklets of tickets per month, for a total of 60 tickets.
- Each booklet will still cost $15 and have 20 tickets, for a $100 value in taxi rides.
How will I use the new tickets?
- You pay the fare posted on the taxi for your ride.
- You can pay using a combination of tickets and cash or all tickets.
For example if, a taxi fare is $15.00 you can pay in the following ways:
What do I do with my old tickets?
Exchange old booklets for new booklets at the Community Services office
- You can exchange 1 full book of old tickets for 1 full book of new tickets.
- Partial books of 15 or more tickets can be exchanged for 1 full book of new tickets.
- All exchanges must be made before February 28, 2019.
- Tickets will not be reimbursed for cash.
- Clients who are not active on the Taxi Pass program will not be able to exchange old tickets.
Use up your old tickets
- Beginning Nov. 1, you can use your old tickets at a $5 value to pay the posted taxi fare.
- You must use your tickets before February 28, 2019.
If you have questions please come in to the Community Services office or give us a call at (780) 624-1000.
What is the Taxi Pass Program?
The Taxi Pass Program subsidizes the cost of taking a taxi for to eligible clients who live in Peace River. Every month clients can buy two booklets of 20 passes each. One booklet costs $15.
Who is Eligible for the Taxi Pass Program?
You must be 18 or over, live in Peace River, and meet one of the following requirements:
- Seniors 65 and over
- Students at Northern Lakes College
- Individual Income below $15,000 for a single person with no children
- Family Income below $25,000 for a single or double income family
- AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped) recipients
Applicants will be required to show ID and proof of eligibility. Low-Income clients must bring in a copy of their current Notice of Assessment before May 31 every year to remain on the program.
How Do I Apply?
Fill out your application and attach copies of any required documents. Bring your application to Community Services in person or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted when your application has been processed, please allow 5 working days. If you need assistance filling out your application, please ask at Community Services.
Where Do I Buy Taxi Passes?
Taxi Pass booklets are sold at:
Town Office: 9911-100 St
Community Services: 10008-100 Ave
You will be asked to show your ID when you buy your passes.
Authorizing an Alternate Purchaser
If you aren’t able to come in to buy your Taxi Passes yourself you may choose one other person to buy passes for you. You will need to come to the Community Services office in person and fill out an Authorization for Alternate Purchaser form. The authorized person will be required to show photo ID before purchasing. You may only choose one alternate purchaser, and no other person will be allowed to purchase passes.
If you have any questions about the Taxi Pass Program please call Community Services at (780) 624-1000 or e-mail email@example.com.
Concerns About Taxi Companies?
Taxi companies and drivers are licensed by the Town of Peace River under the Taxi Bylaw. If you have concerns about unsafe or erratic operation, cleanliness, courteous service, fares or other matters related to taxi service please contact the Bylaw Officer at (780) 624-2574.