The Town of Peace River is committed to supporting business development and investments that create jobs, stimulate the local economy and expand a diversified tax base. The Business Grants Program provides financial assistance through grants designed to stimulate business development, building activity and continued local employment. The program encourages reinvestment in buildings and property throughout the Town, and the development and expansion of tourism-based products and services. The program was established by the Business Grant Program Policy.
This program establishes two grants. Find the program details for each:
- Business Revitalization Grant Details UPDATED February 2024
- Tourism Enhancement Grant Details UPDATED February 2024
$50,000 is allocated to the Business Grant Program in 2024.
2024 BGP Application Intake Periods
There will be three Business Grant Program intake periods in 2024 provided there are unallocated grant funds after the first (and second) intake period.
Intake 1 – Open February 26 to March 25
Grant Award Notification – April
Intake 2 – Open May 1 to May 29
Grant Award Notification – June
Intake 3 – Open September 3 to September 30
Grant Award Notification – October
BGP Application: Business Grant Application Form-TPR
Grant Application Submission
Please review the program details before applying, to ensure you have a full understanding of the program and the processes for reimbursement.
Completed grant applications should be submitted by email to:
Please include the subject line:
Business Grant Program Application
Grant Application Evaluation
The Economic Development Committee uses the following to assist in the evaluation of the applications.
Successful Business Grant applicants are required to complete a Report before funds will be disbursed. The Program Report template can be found here: Business Grant Program Report
- The amount of funds reimbursed is based on the project’s actual hard costs.
- Fund reimbursement will not be made if the individual or business is in default of taxes owing, or an obligation funded by any other municipal program.
- Grant funding will be disbursed once the grant report has been submitted and has been confirmed as matching the grant application proposal.
- All projects must be completed within six months from the time of grant approval notification. A six-month extension may be granted.
- Business Grant Program funding will not be considered for a property that has received Town funding related to a similar project at the same address within five years of grant application.
- Business Grant Program project and participants are required to secure and comply with:
- permit requirements
- provincial building codes
- applicable statutory plans
- the Town’s Land Use Bylaw
- the Town’s Business License Bylaw
- additional relevant federal or provincial legislation
- all municipal bylaws
- The grant applicant is responsible for payment to contractors. The Town will not pay contractors directly.
- Applicants that have overdue or incomplete reporting related to a previously-approved Town of Peace River grant project will be considered ineligible.
The Town reserves the right to accept, reject, or modify any application and render decisions regarding complete applications as:
- Approval with conditions