Outdoor Ice Rinks
Updated March 22, 2017
All rinks are now closed for the season.
Boarded rinks are maintained by the Town of Peace River Public Works. Weather permitting, municipal boarded rinks operate December, until the end of February, weather permitting.
Boarded rinks with lights and their locations
Shaftesbury Estates Rink – 92 Street, Shaftesbury Playground (CLOSED)
Riverside Rink – 107 Avenue, Riverside Playground (CLOSED)
West Peace River Rink – 92 Street, Lower West Peace Playground(CLOSED)
Saddleback Ridge Rink – 82 Street, Saddle Back Park/Playground (CLOSED)
Baytex Energy Centre Outdoor Rink – 73 Avenue (CLOSED)
This rink is maintained by Community Services and is Zamboni maintenance flooded, however, the Zamboni will not be operated outdoors when temperature is below -15 c
Rinks without boards
Riverfront Park – (CLOSED)
Spruce Court – (CLOSED)
Riverview outdoor rink – 114 Avenue (CLOSED)
Guidelines For Use
Please use the area safely and responsibly because rink(s) are unsupervised.
- It is recommended that everyone wear a helmet and skates while on the ice surface. (Winter Months)
- Respect one another at outdoor rink(s) at all times.
- Pucks/Balls should be kept below knee level.
- Please place garbage in garbage containers provided.
- Please leave the ice/playing surface when asked to do so by Town of Peace River Staff for maintenance.
- Report any vandalism immediately.
The Town of Peace River is not responsible for any injuries or damages that may occur on Outdoor Rinks and reserve the right to close Outdoor Rinks should it become necessary for any reason.
For more information, or to report a concern, please contact Community Services at 780-624-1000.