Residential Garbage Collection
The Town of Peace River contracts with GFL to provide residential waste and recycling collection.
Please follow these instructions to ensure that your garbage is collected.
- Garbage carts must be curb side by 7 am on the day of collection.
- All waste must be bagged in the garbage cart.
- Garbage cart lids must be closed.
- Garbage carts must not be overstuffed. If they are overstuffed, the garbage may not come out during the collection process.
- The garbage cart must be facing forward.
- The wheels of the garbage cart must be against the curb (where possible).
- Garbage carts must have at least one metre of clearance on all sides, including from other garbage carts, vehicles and other obstructions.
Garbage Cart Damage
- Garbage carts damaged by the collection company during the collection process will be replaced or repaired at no cost to the resident.
- Garbage carts damaged in other incidents are the responsibility of the resident.
- If you have extra bagged garbage that will not fit in the garbage cart, bag tag stickers are available for purchase.
- Bag Tag stickers may be purchased at the Town office reception for $2.00/sticker.
- GFL will not collect extra bags of garbage unless they have a sticker on each bag.
- Bag tags must be placed to be easily visible to the GFL driver.
Tuesday Garbage Collection: West Bank and Downtown
Wednesday Garbage Collection: North and South End
Thursday Recycling Collection: All of town.
Curb or alley collection?
Garbage cart and recycling collection is typically on the street in front of the residence.
Certain addresses do not allow for safe collection from street. Collect at those addresses is from the alley. A list of addresses with alley collection is linked below:
Please download the list to search for your address. You can use Ctrl + F (Cmd + F on a Mac) to search your address on the document.