Peace Regional Pool
Peace Regional Pool is Open!
Posted August 7, 2020
The Town of Peace River reopened the Peace Regional Pool on Friday July 17. When you return to the Peace Regional Pool there will be some changes. These changes have been made to protect our patrons and staff. If you have questions please call us at (780) 624-3720 or email email@example.com.
Peace Regional Pool
All drop-in swimming will be accessible by appointment only. This means patrons will be required to book a time slot for all scheduled swims in advance. This will ensure we can manage the number of people using the facility at any one time. This helps to keep patrons safe while adhering to Alberta Public Health’s regulations.
To schedule a swim please follow the registration directions further down this page.
Schedule & Hours of Operation
Each scheduled swim is a 45-minute time slot and the available times are listed on the schedule below.
All Lane/Water Walking and 65+ Senior Swims will be a limited to one (1) swimmer per lane at one time. Anyone wishing to book a lane for multiple people living in one household may do so by calling the pool.
Aqua Aerobics & Zumba will be limited to 12 swimmers.
Parent & Tot swims will be limited to 20 swimmers.
Family swims will be limited to 59 swimmers.
Red Cross Swim Preschool & Red Cross Swim Kids 1-4 will be limited to 4 swimmers.
Red Cross Swim Kids 5-10 will be limited to 6 swimmers.
Registration for the second set of Swimming lessons running from August 17-27 will be available online starting Monday August 10 at 8 am.
Please register your swimmer for the correct level. They will be removed from the lesson if registered for an incorrect level. If you have any questions about what level your swimmer is in, please contact the pool.
All Red Cross Swim Preschool Lessons (Starfish, Duck, Sea Turtle, Sea Otter, Salamander, Sunfish, Crocodile, and Whale) will require a responsible adult over the age of 18 in the water and within arms’ reach of the participant at all times. Swimmers who come to lessons without an adult that is in the water at all time will be unable to participate in the lesson.
All Red Cross Swim Kids Levels 1-4 will require a responsible adult over the age of 18 in the water and within arms’ reach of the participant at all times. Swimmers who come to lessons without an adult that is in the water at all time will be unable to participate in the lesson.
Red Cross Swim Kids Levels 5-10 will not require an adult in the water with the participant.
Participants in all swimming lessons who do not live in the same household will be required to maintain 2 m distance from other participants in the lessons.
Instructors are required to be out of the water when teaching lessons other than when they provide demonstrations to ensure physical distancing.
Guidelines for Using the Peace Regional Pool
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your reserved swim time or lesson.
- Swimmers will be permitted to enter the change rooms 5 minutes prior to their scheduled swim.
- Payment and screening upon arrival.
- Payment for swimming lessons is required upon registration.
Please come dressed to swim!
- Washrooms and lockers will be available for use.
- Patrons are encouraged to come dressed in their swimsuits.
- Patrons are encouraged to shower at home before and after their swims.
- Showers will be available for use.
- Bring your own water bottle filled prior to arrival.
Bring your own equipment.
- We ask that all participants bring & use their own equipment when possible.
- Some equipment will be available for swims and disinfected after each use.
- Snorkels are prohibited until further notice due to Lifesaving Society guidelines.
- Blow dryers are prohibited until further notice due to AHS guidelines.
- Only lifejackets & baby boats will be available during Parent & Tot and Family swims. All other toys will be unavailable at this time.
After your swim.
- After your swim is complete please do not linger in the building as we work to avoid gatherings of any size.
How to register for a swim
**Registration for Swimming Lessons August 17-27 will open on Monday, August 10**
**Registration for all swims August 17-27 will open Wednesday, August 12**
Bookings will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Staff reserve the right to limit the number of bookings per individual per week.
No Show bookings: registering only secures your spot for the first 10 minutes of the program. After the 10 min mark, your spot may be forfeited to waitlisted users.
To book your time, please follow these steps.
- Go to ca/registration
- Create an account OR log-in to your account.
- Select the activity you are wanting to play
- Click REGISTER NOW
- Pay on arrival at the Peace Regional Pool reception for all swims.
- Pay online for registration of all Swimming Lessons.
Upcoming Free SwimsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
There are no upcoming courses at this time.