Peace Regional Pool
Follow us on Facebook for more updates.
Page last updated June 11, 2021
The Town of Peace River is reopening the Peace Regional Pool on Monday, June 14. When you return to the Peace Regional Pool there will be some changes, these changes have been made to protect our patrons and staff. If you have any questions, please call us at (780) 624-3720 or email [email protected].
All drop-in swimming will be accessible by appointment only, this means patrons will be required to book a timeslot for all scheduled swims in advance. This will ensure we can manage the number of people using the facility at any one time, helping to keep patrons safe while adhering to Alberta Public Health’s regulations.
To schedule a swim please follow the registration directions further down this page.
Schedule & Hours of Operation
Each scheduled swim is a 45-minute timeslot, and the available times are listed on the schedule below.
All Lane/Water Walking and Adult/Senior Swims will be limited to one (1) swimmer per lane. Anyone wishing to book a lane for multiple people living in one household must do so by calling the pool.
Aqua Aerobics & Personal Fitness will be limited to 9 swimmers.
Parent & Tot swims will be limited to 12 swimmers.
Family swims will be limited to 30 swimmers.
Private Lessons will be limited to 1-2 members of the same household.
Private Swimming Lessons
Bookings will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. We ask that each household book a maximum of 2 private swimming lessons per week to give more people in the community an opportunity to book a swim time.
All Red Cross Swim Preschool Lessons (Starfish, Duck, Sea Turtle, Sea Otter, Salamander, Sunfish, Crocodile, and Whale) will require a responsible adult over the age of 18 within their household in the water and within arms’ reach of the participant at all times. Swimmers who come to lessons without an adult that is in the water at all times will be unable to participate in the lesson.
All Red Cross Swim Kids Levels 1-4 will require a responsible adult over the age of 18 within their household in the water and within arms’ reach of the participant at all times. Swimmers who come to lessons without an adult that is in the water at all times will be unable to participate in the lesson.
Red Cross Swim Kids Levels 5-10 will not require an adult in the water with the participant.
Instructors are required to be out of the water when teaching lessons other than when they provide demonstrations to ensure physical distancing.
Guidelines for Using the Peace Regional Pool
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your reserved swim time or lesson.
- Swimmers will be permitted to enter the change rooms 5 minutes prior to their scheduled swim.
- Payment and screening upon arrival.
- Payment for private swimming lessons is required upon registration.
Please come dressed to swim!
- Washrooms and lockers will be available for use.
- Patrons are encouraged to come dressed in their swimsuits.
- Patrons are encouraged to shower at home before and after their swims.
- Showers will be available for use.
- Bring your own water bottle filled prior to arrival.
Bring your own equipment.
- We ask that all participants bring & use their own equipment when possible.
- Some equipment will be available for swims and disinfected after each use.
- Snorkels are prohibited until further notice due to Lifesaving Society guidelines.
- Blow dryers are prohibited until further notice due to AHS guidelines.
- Only lifejackets & baby boats will be available during Parent & Tot and Family swim. All other toys will be unavailable at this time.
After your swim.
- After your swim is complete please do not linger in the building as we work to avoid gatherings of any size.
How to register for a swim
**Registration for all swims June 14-20 will open on Saturday, June 12 at 12pm**
**Registration for all swims June 21-July 4 will open on Wednesday, June 16 at 8am**
Bookings will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Staff reserve the right to limit the number of bookings per individual per week.
No Show bookings: registering only secures your spot for the first 10 minutes of the program. After the 10-minute mark, your spot may be forfeited to waitlisted users.
To book your time, please follow these steps.
- Go to ca/registration
- Create an account OR log-in to your account.
- Select the activity you would like to participate in
- Click REGISTER NOW
- Pay on arrival at the Peace Regional Pool reception for all swims.
- Pay online for registration of all Private Swimming Lessons.