Snow Angels Program
For Seniors or Residents with Physical Disabilities
It can be challenging for some of our residents to keep their sidewalks shovelled, ice-free and safe. Snow Angels is a community-based program facilitated by Community Services that encourages volunteers to shovel snow for community members who are unable to clear their own sidewalks. A Snow Angel can be especially helpful to older adults, people with limited mobility and anyone else needing help, even on a temporary basis.
How it works:
- Residents in need of help can contact Community Services at (780) 624-1000 ext. 1030 for a Snow Angel sign to display on their lawn, indicating they need a hand this winter. We will deliver the sign and set it up.
- When it snows, community members can look for a sign and volunteer their time, shovelling snow for fellow Peace River residents who need help.
Residents in need will be asked to complete an application form to enroll in the program – some terms and conditions may apply.
To qualify, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Own or rent the property and MUST reside in the property on which the application is made.
- Be 65 years of age or more at the date of the application OR be confined to a wheelchair, restricted to the use of crutches or braces, or otherwise be disabled in such a way as to restrict physical mobility.
- Not have any able-bodied persons under the age of 65 residing at this property.
- Not live in a condominium dwelling where all snow removal is the direct responsibility of the condominium corporation.
- Submit a completed application form.