Answer the Call
It’s one of the most challenging and exciting careers you can imagine. If you thrive on teamwork, helping those in need and are willing to uphold the respected traditions and values of The Peace River Fire Department, we’re looking for you. Pride, Professionalism. Skill and Integrity. These are our core values. If you share them, consider joining the team of experienced professionals with The Peace River Fire Department.
We thank you for your interest. The challenge awaits.
Become a Peace River Firefighter – Is it really for You?
Have you considered being a casual firefighter/EMR (Emergency Medical Responder)? Being a firefighter/EMR seems an attractive job to many. Find out more about how and when we recruit members for our integrated service; what we look for and whether being a firefighter/EMR is a part-time job for you.
Take a minute to consider the following questions. Answer them as honestly as possible to see if you’ve got what it takes.
- Are you interested in helping people? Can you get along with people from different backgrounds and cultures?
- Are you committed to promoting the safety of your community?
- Do you have time available to commit to responding to calls and taking training?
- Have you worked as part of a team? Can you work under pressure to support the rest of your team?
- Can you think on your feet to solve problems, react flexibly and use your initiative?
- Do you have the sensitivity to deal with members of the public in difficult and emotional situations?
- Can you take the responsibility for representing a professional service?
- Are you committed to always maintaining and developing your skills?
- Are you prepared for working in a role in which you will have to follow instructions from others?
- Are you someone who is dependable and can be relied on to do something?
- If you answered yes to all of the above, you may well be able to cope with the challenges of the Firefighter/Medical role.
We recruit a diverse range of people to become a part of our department. We do, however, have some basic but essential standards that all our recruits must meet. To be considered for selection as a firefighter you:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be a resident of the Town of Peace River or the County of Northern Lights
- Will be required to pass a physical fitness test, medical exam and interview
- Will be required to take the necessary Fire training
If you pass the necessary tests, you can look forward to a part-time job that gives you the chance to form incredibly strong bonds with the rest of your team and touch the lives of many ordinary people.
Still interested? If you would like more information, please drop off your resume and filled application at the Town of Peace River Town Office – 9911 100 Street, or email to [email protected]
Live within the County of Northern Lights? Visit their page to apply.