Tap or click the titles to view the relevant attachment.
Council approved the following grant allocations:
- $500 for the Peace River Pride Society to assist with the 9th Annual LGBTQ2+ Pride Parade.
- $5000 for the Western Zones Racing Association to assist with the 2019 World Jetboat Race.
More info on Council Grants to Groups is available at the link below:
Council appointed Orren Ford and Rod Burr to the Peace Regional Subdivision and Development Appeal Board.
The Request for Proposal TPR2019006 – Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Facilitator was awarded to Resources International Consulting & Training Inc.
Council directed staff to amend the Utility Rate Bylaw to include water rates to County of Northern Lights for the Dixonville water line at 84.7% (76.7% + 8.0%) of the prevailing Town water rate for domestic connections at 16.5 cubic meters per month per connection, and at 108.0% (100.0% + 8.0%) of the prevailing Town water rate for any volume of water above this amount. Council also directed staff to amend the Utility Rate Bylaw to emulate the Dixonville Water Rates for the Shaftsbury Water Co-Op.
Council approved the Organization Staffing Policy as presented.
Council approved the capital funding amendment for the WWTP Sludge Press project for an additional $139,500 for a total project budget of $930,000 and awarded the project to Filtrum Inc. in the amount of $287,000.
Mayor and Council were enabled to attend the 25th Anniversary Celebration for Northern Sunrise County.
Mayor and Council were enabled to attend the Concert in the Park event taking place June 15, full details are linked below.
Mayor and Council were enabled to attend the Peace River High School graduation ceremony.
Reports sent to Council from staff, agencies, committees or affiliates.
- Briefing Note re: Municipal Planning Commission Minutes
- Corporate Services and CAO Monthly Report
- Engineering and Infrastructure Monthly Report
- Community Services Monthly Report
Includes information, news, and letters sent to Council that does not require a formal Request for Decision.
- Notification letter dated May 14, 2019, from Municipal Climate Change Action Centre
- Peace Library System Annual Report dated May 31, 2019