Council Grants to Organizations
Updated April 14, 2022
As of April 11, 2022, this program has been suspended for the remainder of 2022. This program is under review and will be presented to Council at a future meeting, with possibility of the program returning next year.
The Town of Peace River recognizes the valuable contributions made by community organizations and volunteer groups to improve the well-being of the community and the quality of life for its residents. In recognition of these contributions, the Town is committed to providing assistance to such organizations through its municipal grant program. Support is provided each year from the Town’s operating budget to qualifying organizations through an established application process.
Each year council budgets $50,000 for these types of groups and programs.
Consideration of applications will be given only if the Applicants meet the following criteria:
- The applicant is a not for profit community group, team, organization or association.
- The applicant has demonstrated the significant value and benefits that the project will have to the community by developed partnerships and volunteer opportunities.
- Applicants applying for grants must be in good standing with the Town of Peace River.
- Applicants will have completed previous, required final reports before new applications are considered.
- Applicants having an outstanding balance with the Town of Peace River are not eligible for a Council grant.
- Joint applications are acceptable and encouraged, however responsibility for the finances and accountability must be clearly defined.
- Retroactive funding for projects that have been completed will not be considered. Applicants assume the financial risk of the project as there is no guarantee the project will be funded.
The application should assist with hosting a significant local, regional, provincial, national or international event within or near the Town of Peace River. Support may be given to significant key events that have a major role in facilitating community life and well-being. Organizations or events that promote economic development activities or initiatives will be considered more favourably. Special projects by organizations that have a favourable benefit to the Town may also be considered.
Recreation & Sport Development
The application should enhance development of initiatives that support healthy living through strategies, programs and activities. The initiatives may assist with participation in events of local, provincial, national or international significance. Preference will be given to the development of local events. For applications requesting travel assistance outside of the community, Council will consider grants up to 20% of the total travel costs up to a maximum of $1,500 per application.
Fifty percent (50%) or $25,000 of the total Grants to Organizations budget will be allocated towards the Community Development category which will be considered on an annual basis. Applications are due by November 15 of each year, with awards determined by January 31 of the following year.
Deadline for Annual Applications
- November 15
Twenty-five percent (25%) or $12,500 of the total Grants to Organizations budget will be allocated towards the Community Development category which will be considered on a quarterly basis. Grant applications are due on the 15th day of February, May, August and November of each year.
Twenty-five percent (25%) or $12,500 of the total Grants to Organizations budget will be allocated towards the Recreation/Sport Development category which will be considered on a quarterly basis. Grant applications are due on the 15th day of February, May, August and November of each year.