Tap or click the titles to view the relevant attachment.
The minutes of the July 23, 2018, Regular Meeting of Council were approved. Tap or click the title above to view them.
Two public hearings were held on potential amendments to the Land Use Bylaw regarding the sale and production of Cannabis. Both bylaw 2033 and 2038 were brought before Council as two options. Two people spoke in favour of Bylaw 2038, no one spoke for or against Bylaw 2033.
Tap or click on the title to view proposed bylaw.
Two versions of a bylaw amendment were brought forward to council. Based on public feedback the bylaws offered two different versions. The final Bylaw were put together with public input form our survey on Cannabis and Land Use. The results of that survey can be viewed here.
Bylaw 2033 was defeated in second reading.
Bylaw 2038 passed second reading, went to third reading, passed and is now law.
Council was enabled to attend the Lieutenant Governor’s Awards in Canmore on September 20, hosted by the Alberta Museum’s Association. The invitation was because of former Peace River Museum And Archives Coordinator, Laura Gloor, who will be recognized at the awards for her outstanding contributions to Alberta’s Museum Community.
As a municipal entity, the Peace River Municipal Library must bring any changes to their bylaws before Council for approval. Council approved the Library Board’s new bylaw.
The Webberville Drying Beds and Leachate Pond Biosolids project is an important part of our wastewater treatment system and requires upgrades this year. A recent tender for project contractors found that the bid prices were above the approved budget for the project. As a result, administration requested council approve a new project budget, to account for the change in costs another project, Wastewater Treatment Plant Aeration Tank Cleaning, was deferred for a year. Council approved the changes and the project was awarded to Macmillan Construction.
Includes reports to council, minutes, and information from the various boards and committees that council members sit on.
- Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee Meeting Minutes for June 19, 2018
- Corporate Services/CAO Monthly Report
- Community Services Monthly Report
- Engineering and Infrastructure Monthly Report
Includes information, news, and letters sent to Council that does not require a formal Request for Decision.
- Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee TRC Sub Committee Meeting Agenda for June 28, 2018
- Email and letter from County of Northern Lights, dated July 7, 2018, re: Bylaw 18-61-391 Circulation Letter
- Letter from Northern Sunrise County, dated July 17, 2018, re: Update No. 3 for the Primary Care Centre
- Letter from Municipal Affairs, dated July 25, 2018, re: Intermunicipal Development Plans and Ministerial Order MSL:047/18
- Letter from Mighty Peace Watershed Alliance, dated July 26, 2018, re: 2017-2018 Annual Report