Primary Care Centre – September Update
This information is being shared on behalf of Northern Sunrise County who is leading this project. The Town of Peace River is supporting it with a financial contribution of $552,203.13.
September 10, 2018
Work at the construction site is ongoing. Minor delays have been experienced due to inclement weather; however, we hope to make this time up as we move forward and at this time we have not altered our plan for a fall 2019 opening. The County continues to do its due diligence to ensure we stay on schedule and on budget. Piles have been capped, and as of September 5th, the foundation is complete.
- We are working with TELUS on the fibre/copper line install.
- The grade beam has been completed, forms have been removed and weeping tile is being installed the week of September 4 – 7, 2018.
- The floor system has arrived, and we hope to start framing once the weeping tile and the mud slab in the crawlspace have been completed.
As with all construction, we are at the mercy of the weather; however, if it cooperates this fall we anticipate closing the structure in November to allow the work to carry on inside.
Behind the Scenes Update
Additional project work continues to take place as follows:
- Ongoing discussions with the architects and engineers to ensure all electrical outlets and wiring are consistent with proposed locations of all equipment,
- Ensuring fibreoptic and wireless internet is correctly accommodated throughout the building,
- Meeting on September 10 with AHS, physicians and their staff and Canada Medical to review proposed equipment and furnishings.