The Town of Peace River is seeking an individual to join our Family Resource Network (FRN) team in Peace River, in the temporary position of Summer Students. This position may include some evening and weekend work, as well as traveling to various communities in the area.
The FRN is a contract for service with the Government of Alberta — Children’s Services. The FRN provides information and referral services to caregivers through the “Hub,” located at the Baytex Energy Centre. In addition, FRN provides caregiver education programs and family support programming. The FRN is a regional service that provides service to a large area — as far as Manning and Clearhills County.
The Summer Student position will work in collaboration with Family Education Facilitators, FRN HUB Facilitators, and the FRN Coordinator to providing services through the Family Resource Network Hub, Parent Education, and Home Visitation programs in the FRN geographical area. This position includes the development and implementation of quality educational programs for children 0–18, and supportive positive parenting strategies for caregivers.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task several projects;
- The ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines;
- A helpful demeanor and positive attitude while dealing with the public;
- Practical knowledge and experience in computer systems;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manner;
- A student enrolled in an Education, Social Work, or other Human Service degree program would be considered an asset;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, and be willing to travel;
- Access to a reliable vehicle with vehicle insurance is helpful, but not a requirement of the position;
- A cellphone is required when traveling;
- Standard First Aid/CPR certification is required;
- Recommended to have all your immunizations and tuberculin test up to date; and,
- Good general level of physical fitness that may include lifting and/or hauling supplies, general physical activity, etc.
Any successful candidates will be required to complete an RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Check prior to starting employment.
Full-time • Temporary
Wage: $21–$23 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Evenings and weekends may be required.
Position Term: May 1, 2023–August 25, 2023
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidates are found
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to the address below.
Quote Competition # 23/004
Manager, Employee Services
We thank all participations for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.