The Town of Peace River is seeking energetic individuals who are interested in working with youth and providing various opportunities for the public to enjoy affordable summer programs and/or special events. Individuals will be working in a fast-paced, creative environment focused on delivering active, fun, and safe programs for youth.
This posting is for Recreation Senior Leaders who will provide supervised group-based activities for youth 6-14 years of age, from Monday to Friday, throughout July and August. From May through August, they are responsible for the development, planning, scheduling, and overall supervision of the summer program, including Junior staff. Successful applicants may also be considered to assist in our fall and winter recreation programming.
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education in recreation, education, or another related field would be an asset;
- Supervisory experience in a related field is an asset;
- Strong team players who can work effectively and efficiently with others, and alone with little or no supervision;
- Previous experience working with youth in a program setting is an asset;
- Be punctual, self-motivated, communicate openly, take and give direction well, and respond to public inquiries in a calm and friendly manner;
- Experience in specialized instructional skills in sports, arts, science, etc., is an asset;
- Physical job requirements include: occasional lifting of 30 pounds, sitting, walking, and standing for extended periods of time, working outdoors in inclement weather;
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- First Aid/CPR Certificate (training provided if needed);
- Valid Driver’s License; and,
- Current Driver’s Abstract.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Check.
Full Time • Temporary
Wage: $21 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (May/June: 5 days a week, 7.5 hours per day • July/August: 4 days at 8 hours per day; 1 day at 5.5 hours)
Term: May 8, 2023–August 25, 2023
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidates are found
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes (with cover letter) to the address below.
Quote Competition #23/005
Manager, Employee Services
We thank all participants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.