Peace River is a progressive urban centre located in northwest Alberta, and is a scenic, growing town that is home to just under 7,000 residents. The community is situated within the Peace River Valley and straddles the banks of the mighty Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and just two hours northeast of Grande Prairie and has air, rail and bus services.
Peace River provides a wide range of services for its residents and surrounding areas. Among these are an impressive combination of businesses including locally owned downtown stores and restaurants, as well as national and international retailers. Peace River also has a strong support system through a multitude of social services agencies, a variety of cultural sites, various bike trails, a ski hill, an indoor pool, as well as a number of annual events and cultural festivals. If you are looking for a friendly and supportive community with a long list of activities and services, Peace River certainly fits the bill.
For more information about Peace River, please take some time to view the following links:
- Peace River – Background videos (Video 1, Video 2)
- Census Information
- If you are in the process of relocating to Peace River, please click here for lots of useful information or here for our location. You can also click on the Forms/Publications Tab on the right hand side of this page, to access some of our more popular community information items and publications.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
- Twitter: @TOPROfficial
- Facebook: Town of Peace River (Official) – Did you know that if you aren’t signed up for facebook, you can still read our facebook page and have access to all of our announcments? Just click on the facebook icon at the top of this page.
CURRENT TOWN OF PEACE RIVER PROGRAMS, INITIATIVES AND PARTNERSHIPS:
- Summer Programs Registration Information – Summer Fun - Extreme Adventures - Registration Form for both Programs (One form can be used for up to 4 children from the same family) – Please use more forms if necessary or for children from a separate family) - Health/Allergy Form (One form per child) – Registration Night Information Poster
- Through July and August the Museum is asking for public assistance as they renew their Strategic Plan 2014-2019. To participate in the Strategic Plan Online Survey, please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/peacerivermuseum. Paper copies are also available at the Town Office and Peace River Museum.
- Paddle the Peace Event: Poster and Registration Brochure - Deadline for registration is August 13th, 2014.