Town Council Update – May 28, 2018
Tap or click the title above to view the complete agenda.
Tap or click on the title to view proposed bylaw.
Bylaw 2036 the Rates and Charges Bylaw
Bylaw 2036 returned to Council for third and final reading and was passed into law. The Bylaw sets the rates for all fees, rates, and charges for municipal services.
Tap or click the hyperlink to view the request for decision.
Community Organization Property Tax Exemptions
Council approved the list of properties exempted from property taxes for the next three years, the list is available in the request for a decision linked in the title above. The Town of Peace River offers tax exemption in certain circumstances to non-profits. For more details on this program including timelines and eligibility visit our Non-Profit Property Tax exemption page.
Neighbourhood Infrastructure Renewal Project for 2018 – 2021
The next cycle of neighbourhood renewal is set to begin in Peace River’s South End this spring. Council approved the tender request and Ruel Brothers Contracting was awarded the contract. For more info on this project visit the South End Renewal Project page.
Council declined to be a host community for the 2019 Alberta 55 + games. During the time the games would betaking place the Town will be opening the new multiplex and in the midst of Centennial celebration. Although there are not enough resources for 2019 Council did express interest in hosting the 2021 games.
Senior’s Week Celebration 2018
Operating Variance Report as of April 30, 2018
After the passage of the Operating Budget, Council receives bi-monthly variance reports. These reports keep council updated on how spending is as compared to the budgeted numbers. The budget was passed in late March of 2018, this is the first variance report of this budget cycle.
Tap or click on the link to view the letter or information sent to Council.
- Letter from Mighty Peace Watershed Alliance, dated April 2, 2018, re: 2018 Alberta WPAC Summit
- Letter from Government of Alberta, dated April 16, 2018, re: Prescribed Fires
- Letter from Alberta Seniors and Housing, dated April 20, 2018, re: Senior’ Week Proclamation
- Letter from the ALS Society of Alberta, dated May 4, 2018, re: ALS Awareness Month
- Letter from Alberta Environment and Parks, dated May 9, 2018, re: Alberta Community Resilience Program (“ACRP”) Funding Update
- Email from NADC, dated May 10, 2018, re: Update from NAEL re: Caribou Delegation to Ottawa
- Letter from the RCMP, dated May 22, 2018, re Complaint of Fraud Against Town of Peace River
- 2018 Rural MAN VAN Info from the Prostate Cancer Centre re: Man Van in Peace River on May 29, 2018
- Invite from MNP for Bill Hirtle’s Retirement Celebration on May 31, 2018
- Invite from All One Sky Foundation to attend a free Climate Change Workshop on June 7, 2018
- Invite from the Peace Regional Healthcare Attraction and Retention Committee for the Physician’s Appreciation BBQ on June 7, 2018
- Invite from Venture Parts Supply re: 50th Year Anniversary Celebration on June 16, 2018
- Invite from Points West Living re: 5th Anniversary Celebration on September 11, 2018
- Invite from the League of Leadership at Peace River High School re: Diversity Dinner on June 1, 2018