Non-Profit Property Tax Exemption
Do you represent a community non-profit that owns property in the Town of Peace River? Would you like that property to be exempted from taxation for the coming year? Make sure to apply for the Non-Profit Tax Exemption before October 20, 2017.
How to Apply
To qualify for the property tax exemption, the non-profit organization must submit an application form with supporting information in the year preceding the taxation year. The application will then be reviewed according to the Municipal Government Act, section 362 (n) (i) to (v) and the Community Organization Property Tax Exemption Regulation A/R 281/98 as amended. If the application is successful, the property in whole or in portion will be exempt from paying property taxes the next taxation year.
The application deadline is October 20 of the year preceding the taxation year.
Community Organization Property Tax Exemption Application Form
Applications are to be submitted to:
P.O. Box 6600, Town of Peace River, Alberta T8S 1S4
Requirements for Qualification
- A non-profit organization can qualify only if it:
- Owns property, or holds property under a lease, license, or permit.
- Is incorporated under the Society Act, or an entity established under a federal law or law of Alberta.
- Uses the funds chiefly for the purposes of the organization and not for the benefit of the organization’s directors and employees.
- Does not restrict the use of the property within the terms and meaning outlined in the regulation.