Non-Profit Property Tax Exemption Application Deadline
In the case where non-profit organizations own property, hold property under lease, license or permit that is used primarily for the purpose of the organization, the organization may be eligible for a property tax exemption.
How to Apply
To qualify for the property tax exemption, the non-profit organization must submit an application form with supporting information in the year preceding the taxation year. The application will then be reviewed according to the Municipal Government Act, section 362 (n) (i) to (v) and the Community Organization Property Tax Exemption Regulation A/R 281/98 as amended. If the application is successful, the property in whole or in portion will be exempt from paying property taxes the next taxation year.
The application deadline is September 30, 2016.
Please submit applications to:
Greg Towne, Director of Corporate Services
P.O. Box 6600, 9911-100 Street, Peace River, AB, T8S 1S4
Please direct inquiries to Greg Towne at (780) 624-2574 or email@example.com.
Requirements for Qualification
- A non-profit organization can qualify only if it:
- Owns property, or holds property under a lease, license, or permit.
- Is incorporated under the Society Act, or an entity established under a federal law or law of Alberta.
- Uses the funds chiefly for the purposes of the organization and not for the benefit of the organization’s directors and employees.
- Does not restrict the use of the property within the terms and meaning outlined in the regulation.