Additional information, including documents that went to Council, are available for each agenda item by tapping or clicking the hyperlink in the titles.
The Minutes of the June 8, 2020, Regular Meeting of Council were approved.
The Fees and Charges Bylaw was adopted after third reading.
Baytex Energy Centre
- Multipurpose Room – adding a reduced daily rate for users and tournament use.
Indoor Playground rental
- Removing the fee as the space will not be “booked” for use, but the rest of the facility
can be booked for party use.
Fieldhouse Court Rentals
- Adjustment of school rental fees from a flat rate of $20.00 per hour, regardless of the
number of courts the schools book, to include a variable rate per court.
Fieldhouse Drop in Program fee
- Clarification on age ranges
- Addition of “student rate”
- Addition of Monthly membership
More details are available in the request for decision.
Council directed Town staff to enter into the updated Assessment Review Board Joint Regional Agreement with Clear Hills County, the Town of Peace River, the Village of Hines Creek and the Village of Nampa. Council also voted to appoint Carolyn Kolebaba (reeve of Northern Sunrise County) as Chair of the Assessment Review Board.
Town staff presented a briefing note outlining a plan to allow outdoor retail patio space without additional permits. The project will start off as a pilot project and will be re-evaulated after.
Information is available here:
An updated report on the emergency response to the Pat’s Creek Flood was presented to Council.
A separate follow-up report that investigates the cause of the flooding and mitigation options is in progress and will be presented to Council at a later date.
Council voted to allow the utility penalty deferral program to end. The program was set up at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and was later extended to June 19. Penalties for overdue accounts will be applied on bills after the 19.
Staff, agency, or board reports sent to Council.
- Peace Library System 2019 Annual Report.
- North Peace Housing Foundation Board synopsis for June 3, 2020.
Includes information, news, and letters sent to Council that does not require a formal Request for Decision.
- Letter from Northern Sunrise County to Alberta Environment and Parks re: Greene Valley Provincial Park.
Audio Recording of the Council Meeting