The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full-time Facilities Maintenance Worker accountable to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and Public Works Superintendent.
The Facilities Maintenance Worker is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the Town of Peace River Buildings and Infrastructure including:
- Provide Facility maintenance at Town Administration building, Water and Waste water plants, recreation facilities, parks and cultural buildings as per the maintenance and cleaning schedules;
- Provide General maintenance and routine checks at Town Facilities of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems;
- Assist in preparing preventive and seasonal maintenance schedules at all facilities;
- Provide consultation to facility staff on preventive maintenance on specific equipment;
- Periods of strenuous physical work may exist; and,
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
This position will include being on call after hours on a rotating shift basis, and must be immediately available to respond when on call.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Minimum level of formal education required is Grade 12 Diploma;
- Valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes endorsement;
- Clean 5-year drivers abstract;
- Trades certification in one of the following: plumbing; electrical work; HVAC; building construction or Millwright;
- Experience with hand and mechanical tools;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment;
- Ability to lift 50lbs regularly throughout the day;
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate;
- WHMIS/TDG certification;
- Equipment Safety; and
- Trenching Safety.
The following assets would be preferred:
- Certification in Facilities Maintenance through BOMI or equivalent;
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) certification;
- General experience in labourer and equipment duties within a municipal environment;
- General knowledge of various municipal infrastructure systems; and
- Basic knowledge of computer programs/applications.
Full Time • Permanent
Wage: $25.06 — $32.83 per hour, as per the Collective Agreement.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm — 40 hours per week
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to the Town of Peace River’s Human Resources Coordinator: [email protected]
Competition # 23/012
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Date Posted: June 19, 2023