- This event has passed.
ASIST – Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
February 6 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on February 7, 2019 at 9:00am
Suicide first-aid. A two-day, skills – based workshop for intervening with a person at risk of suicide.
– Recognize that caregivers and persons at risk are affected by personal and societal attitudes about suicide.
– Discuss suicide with a person at risk in a direct manner.
– Identify risk alerts and develop a safe plan related to them.
– Demonstrate the skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide.
Register in person at Peace River Community Services, 10008 – 100 Ave. Course fee is $80 per person, cash or cheque.
Course location is Peace River Addictions and Mental HEalth, 2nd floor boardroom, 10015 – 98 St.
- February 6
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Workshop or Training
- Town of Peace River Community Services
March 22 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm