Proclamation: National Addictions Awareness Week
Whereas: National Addictions Awareness Week promotes positive action to prevent substance abuse and gambling problems.
Therefore: it is my privilege as Mayor of the Town of Peace River, Alberta, to proclaim the third week in November as National Addictions Awareness Week and to urge all citizens to join in participating in this special week.
Help for yourself or someone you love struggling with addiction
24 Hour Help Line 1-866-332-2322
If you are struggling with an addiction your are not alone and you are not without supports. Likewise if someone you love or care about is suffering Alberta Health Services Addictions office in Peace River can help provide the support needed.
It all starts with you reaching out.
Alberta Health Services – Addiction Services
Community counselling services are available to individuals, family members and others (adults or youth) seeking help in overcoming problems associated with alcohol, other drugs or gambling.
- Clients participate in an assessment that examines how substance abuse or gambling affects their lives.
- This information assists in identifying the most appropriate treatment.
- The counsellor and client design a personal treatment plan for continuing care and follow-up.
- Referrals can be made to detoxification programs and residential addiction treatment where appropriate.
- Outpatient services are confidential and free of charge, and admission is voluntary.
Peace River Provincial Building
9621 96 Avenue
Peace River, Alberta
780-624-6193 (office) 24 Hour Help Line 1-866-332-2322
Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00 pm.