The Rural Renewal Stream supports the attraction and retention of newcomers to rural Alberta through a community-driven approach that supports local economic development needs and contributes to the growth of the community. The Rural Renewal Stream empowers rural communities to recruit and retain foreign nationals to live, work and settle in their communities.
Reporting to the Director of Community Services, this temporary, part time position will provide management and implementation of the Town of Peace River Rural Renewal Stream Program. The position will be the direct contact for business applicants and candidates, providing excellent customer service through timely response and professional communication.
You will be expected to become educated on the provincial program and able to respond to any questions or inquiries.
Scope of Work:
- Assist with the development of the Rural Renewal Program application.
- Assist with the development of the Rural Renewal Program process information for the Town website and other marketing products.
- Development of application and follow up process for businesses and candidates.
- Receive applications, review to ensure accurate information, follow up if necessary.
- Notify applicants of result
- Assist businesses with the application process.
- Respond to all inquiries from businesses and candidates.
- Develop a tracking system for applications and candidates.
- Develop reporting system and provide monthly reports to the Economic Development Committee and provincial government and as required.
- Assist with the development of information and promotional materials about the Rural Renewal Stream program.
Part Time • Temporary
Wage: $25.00 per hour
Hours: 15-20 hours per week — In office, scheduled hours
Term: ASAP to November 30, 2023
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to the address below. Quote competition #23/016.
Manager, Employee Services
Email: [email protected]
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Posted: July 17, 2023