Fire Prevention Week 2022
Posted October 11, 2022
Fire Prevention Week™ runs from October 9th to 15th this year, and the Peace River and County of Northern Lights Fire Departments remind residents that “Fire Won’t Wait. Plan Your Escape.™”
Fire spreads quickly, so it’s best to create a fire escape plan for your home ahead of time. Below is a list of steps to take in creating a home fire escape plan, as suggested by the National Fire Protection Association.
- Draw a map of your home. Include all windows and doors.
- Find two ways out of every room.
- Make sure you can use all your ways out.
- Make sure your doors and windows are not blocked.
- Choose an outside meeting place in front of your home.
- Go over your plan with everyone in your home.
- Plan to assist anyone who needs help getting outside.
- Test your smoke alarms to be sure they are working.
Visit fpw.org for more information on creating a home fire escape plan.