- This event has passed.
Spring Cleanup 2022
May 17, 2022 - May 18, 2022Free
We are pleased to announce this year’s Spring Cleanup will be done through curbside pickup.
Items for pickup must be out by 7:00 a.m. on your regular garbage collection day and during the week GFL will be hauling items away. You are allowed to put out two large items along with other items contained within a 2-meter x 4-meter area on your yard, or portion of your property that is easily accessible from the road.
Acceptable items for collection include:
- Stoves, washers and dryers;
- Fridges, freezers, and air conditioners *must be tagged free of refrigerants by an approved technician → contact a local HVAC company
- Furniture, mattresses and box springs;
- Sinks and toilets;
- Barbeques *without tanks;
- Lawnmowers *all fluids must be drained
- Rain barrels;
- Snowblowers *all fluids must be drained;
- Lawn furniture;
- Tree trimmings *cut down to 2-meter lengths and bundled with twine; and
- Leaves and grass *must be in clear bags.
Non-acceptable items for collection include:
- Computers (monitors, towers, keyboards, speakers, mice);
- Desktop printers;
- Car parts;
- Assembled swing sets;
- Propane tanks;
- Items larger than 2 meters in length; and
- Items weighing more than 200 lbs.
➢ This service is for residential customers only.
➢ Tag items (basketball and hockey nets, lawnmowers, wheelbarrows, rain barrels, bicycles, etc.) to help identify them as being out for collection.
➢ All items must be less than 2 meters and weigh less than 200 lbs.
➢ Limit of two large items per household.
➢ All items must be contained within a 2-meter x 4-meter area on your yard, or portion of your property that is easily accessible from the road.
➢ Please place items on the same side of the property (front or back alley) where the garbage is normally collected.
➢ Be mindful of the 1-meter clearance on all sides of the garbage bin when selecting an area for the curbside pickup items.
➢ Different trucks collect different items and where possible, items are sent to be recycled.