- This event has passed.
ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Workshop
July 12, 2022 @ 9:00 am - July 13, 2022 @ 5:00 pmFree
ASIST: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training Workshop for Non-Profit Staff or Volunteers
Suicide first-aid. A two-day, skills-based workshop for intervening with a person at risk of suicide.
July 12 & 13, 2022
(Tuesday & Wednesday)
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Recognize that caregivers and persons at risk are affected by personal and societal attitudes about suicide
- Discuss suicide with a person at risk in a direct manner
- Identify risk alerts and develop a safe plan related to them
- Demonstrate the skills required to intervene with a person at risk of suicide
Register at peaceriver.ca/registration
For registration assistance or course information, call Peace River FCSS at 780-624-1000.
Course location will be shared with registrants at time of registration.
This course is for non-profit staff or volunteers. An additional ASIST course for the general public is coming September 2022 for those not affiliated with a non-profit.
Click or tap to view a high-resolution, downloadable PDF of the workshop poster
- July 12, 2022 @ 9:00 am
- July 13, 2022 @ 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Workshop or Training
- Town of Peace River FCSS
- Peace River Municipal Library
- Aspen Road Resources
- Centre for Suicide Prevention