Local Business Support Program – APPLY NOW!
Page last updated May 6, 2021
Local businesses impacted by COVID restrictions can apply for a new support set up by the Town of Peace River, Community Futures, and the Peace River and District Chamber of Commerce.
Funded by the Town of Peace River with support from Community Futures, the Local Business Support Program will be administered by Community Futures and marketed by the Peace River and District Chamber of Commerce.
The goal is to support local businesses that have been negatively impacted by COVID restrictions, to promote business viability, and assist our community through recovery from the impacts of the pandemic. The program will offer individualized coaching from experts in business planning, human resources, social media marketing, or bookkeeping.
How it works
The Project Coordinator will connect with successful applicants to determine the best type of support for the impacted businesses. The Project Coordinator will also ensure the successful applicants have access to all relevant Federal and Provincial supports and will link the applicants to an expert in either business planning, human resources, social media marketing, or bookkeeping for up to 10 hours of individualized coaching.
Businesses who complete Phase One may be eligible for Phase Two depending on the needs identified in Phase One. This phase will focus on businesses that need to make major changes in order to remain viable with an additional 20 hours of individualized coaching. An example of a major change would include shifting a business’ primary delivery model, or other similar substantial changes.
If required, a third phase may be approved by Town Council at a later date.
To apply successfully a business must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The business was established prior to March 1, 2020.
- The business was adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The business was financially viable and not experiencing financial insolvency pressures prior to March 1, 2020.
- The business must have a valid Town of Peace River business license or Peace River & District Chamber of Commerce membership.
- The business must be a full-time registered business, including Self-Employed, and/or, if a home-based business or owner/operator, must have operated the business full-time as a primary source of income.
Applications Open Now
Eligible businesses can start their application by completing the survey linked below. Upon completion, applications will be reviewed by the Community Futures Project Coordinator who will then follow up with the successful applicants and guide them through the phases.