Volunteer Resource Coordinator
The Town of Peace River is seeking an organized, punctual individual to join our team in the temporary, part time position of Volunteer Resource Coordinator.
The Volunteer Resource Coordinator guides and manages the overall provision of volunteer based initiatives for Town of Peace River Community Services Department programs and services. Along with promoting volunteerism with Town of Peace River initiatives, this person will provide supports for voluntary, non-profit organizations and share information about local volunteering opportunities. They will assist local non-profit organizations in building capacity for their volunteers by offering various workshops such as budgeting, social media, conflict management and board leadership training. The Volunteer Resource Coordinator may also establish a volunteer information network to be shared and utilized in the community.
- Post-secondary education in recreation or education
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements
- A clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Record Check are required.
- Must work effectively and efficiently with others and alone with little or no supervision, be punctual, self-motivated, communicate openly, take direction well, and respond to public inquiries in a calm and friendly manner.
- Physical job requirements include: occasional lifting of 30 pounds, walking, sitting, standing and working outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Successful applicant must be energetic, personable, and outgoing.
- Previous experience in working or volunteering with community events, organizing activities for others, and public speaking would be considered an asset.
- Valid first aid certificate is required prior to start of employment. Training will be provided if necessary.
- A valid driver’s license and access to vehicle is required.
Dates of Employment: April 3, 2017 – December 31, 2017 Hours of Work: 19 hours per week, flexible hours to a total of 760 hours Possible evening and weekend events Wage: $24.00 per hour Closing Date: March 2, 2017
Job Description is available upon request. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition # 17/012:
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Peace River, Box 6600 Peace River, Alberta, T8S 1S4
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.