Volunteer Opportunity: Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
Peace River FCSS is looking for volunteers to help ﬁle simple income tax returns for lower-income individuals and families by participating in our Volunteer Income Tax Program.
What is involved?
- Free online training is provided, as well as technical support.
- You can file client’s claims online from your own home.
- You will be filing for simple tax situations only.
- Peace River FCSS coordinates the overall program and supports all volunteers.
Who does it help?
- Low/no or very limited income families.
- Individuals with low/no income.
- Seniors living on a fixed income.
- Students just starting out, with limited/no income.
How much of my time will be required?
- You choose how much time you would like to devote to the program.
- Each client’s file takes between 10-15 minutes (approx).
- Your personal contact information is kept private.
Help make a positive difference for others in your community. Volunteer by emailing [email protected] by February 26, 2021.