Town Council Update – January 27, 2020
The Minutes of the January 13, 2020, Regular Meeting of Council were approved.
Obsidian Energy Gold Sponsorship of the Baytex Energy Centre
Grants to Organizations
Council approved the following grant allocations.
- Peace River Winter Swim Club – $1500
- North Peace Performing Arts Club – $3000
- Carnaval de St Isidore – $1000
- Curl for a Cause MS Funspiel – $500
2020 Operating and Capital Budget
Staff presented the first draft of the 2020 operating and capital budget for review by Council. More details including the presentation, a full copy of the proposed budget, and a timeline of public budget deliberations are available on our budget page linked below:
Briefing Note re: Airport Referendum Update
Council reviewed a briefing note regarding the airport and the on-binding referendum.
Tax Exemption for Air Cadets
Council voted to consider the application for property tax exemption after the Air Cadets had signed a lease on their new facility.
Alberta 55+ Games Regional Bid
Council was enabled to attend a tour of regional facilities as part of a regional bid to host the Albert 55+ Games.
Staff, agency, or board reports sent to Council.
- Minutes of the December 17, 2019 meeting of the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee
- Invitation to Indigenous Fashion Show
- Indigenous Fashion Show and Market
- Verbal report from Councillor Ford re: Jan. 25 Crime Prevention Conference and Tradeshow
Includes information, news, and letters sent to Council that does not require a formal Request for Decision.
- Email from MD of Peace re: Airport Request For Proposals
- Letter from Northern Sunrise County re: Airport Airport Request For Proposals and Peace Regional Development Committee
- Letter from Town of Grimshaw re: Airport Airport Request For Proposals
Audio Recording of the Council Meeting