Summer Day Camps
Make this summer the best one yet for your kids by signing them up for one of the Town of Peace River’s summer day camps. We help take the stress out of finding summer activities and offer some great options to keeps kids engaged through the summer months.
Important info on registration
Registration is ongoing throughout the summer – details are below on when and where you can register. Please note payment is cash or cheque only (Cheques must be made out to ‘Town of Peace River,’ and no post-dated cheques will be accepted).
Summer Fun is a daily recreational program for children 6-10 years of age. The program runs afternoons from Jul. 3rd to Aug. 17th. Registration is by week, so you can choose what works best with your summer schedule.
Cost is $35 – $40 per week.
Summer Fun Coordinator – Sydney Foster.
Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Extreme Adventures is for youth 10-16 years of age and features a variety of exciting adventures. Past adventures have included paintball, canoeing, hiking, golf, t-shirt painting, glass art, dance, theatre, yoga classes, etc. Youth can sign up for whichever adventures they would like to try for the days that they are offered.
Cost varies by activity.
Extreme Adventures Coordinator – Sonya Waites.
Email Address – email@example.com
Community Services Phone Number: (780) 624-1000
Please note that Program Coordinator cell phone numbers will be shared with parents but are only to be used for emergency phone calls.
- To ensure the safety of all our participants, we are firm on the age groups we allow to participate; Summer Fun will be 6 to 10 year old’s, while Extreme Adventures will be 10 to 16 year old’s. They must be of age as of July 3rd, 2017.
Drop off and Pick up
- If the parent/guardian is late picking the child up at the end of the day, a late fee of $5.00 for every ten minutes past the designated pick up time will be required before the child can take part in any future activities.
- All participants in the summer programs MUST be signed in and out by a parent/guardian or a designated alternate adult.
- If another adult will be picking up your child, verbal consent must be given by a parent/guardian. The adult must then bring photo ID when they pick up your child.
What to Bring
- Children must be in activity-appropriate clothing. (ie. Running shoes, weather appropriate clothing, sunscreen, and hat). If the coordinator feels the clothing will be a safety risk, the child will be asked to change or will be unable to take part in the activity.
- Children will be asked to bring their own healthy, peanut free snacks and a water bottle filled with water.
- Children are asked not to bring any of their own toys to the program. (ie. Pocket knives, toy guns, handheld games, etc.)
- Parents must have backup child care in case of program cancellations. Parents will be contacted by 10:00 a.m. by phone and email if the program is to be canceled.
Please note that if your child cannot follow the rules, a parent will be asked to attend with them or we will ask them to withdraw from the program.
Program Specific Rules
Extreme Adventures does not take any drop-ins at all. Children are allowed to bring cell phones, however, they must be kept in their bag and out of sight. Each child will be responsible for their own personal belongings.
Backpacks: Every participant must bring a backpack with the follow-ing: sunscreen (also applied before arrival), water bottle filled with water, a healthy snack, a hat, a bathing suit and a towel.
Drop-Ins: Drop-ins are permitted on days where we don’t have a tour and we aren’t swimming. Drop-ins are 5$ and a maximum of 5 drop-ins are permitted per day. You must register for drop-ins at the Community Services Department in the Town Office (10008 100th Ave.) by 11:45am the day of the activity.
Our summer programs are here to provide a safe and fun way for children to enjoy their summer. In order to ensure that everyone is enjoying their experience with our programs, we maintain a strict policy against any displays of violence, bullying, unsafe conduct, and foul language. The discipline format we will be using is:
- 1st Incident: Verbal Warning,
- 2nd Incident: “Chill out time” and parent/guardian is notified,
- 3rd Incident: Discussion with parent/guardian (parents/guardians may be asked to supervise their child during the program).
Should a child need to be withdrawn from the program, the final withdrawal decisions are at the discretion of the Community Programs Coordinator, Town of Peace River. Removal will result if the behaviour is not resolved after the 3rd incident. Coordinators keep detailed notes on any questionable behaviour for documentation purposes and parents/guardians will be informed of any concerns in a timely manner.
We only accept cash or cheques made out to The Town of Peace River. Post-dated cheques will NOT be accepted. There is a 20$ fee for N.S.F. cheques.
The program registration and health/medical forms are available below in PDF. Please complete one registration form per family and one health/medical form per child.
Refund requests must be submitted in writing (email or letter).
FULL REFUND will be issued for Community Services Programs only when:
The Community Services Department cancels the program or activity.
The registrant cancels prior to the start of a program/activity because of a medical reason and has provided a doctor’s note.
PARTIAL REFUND is a refund subject to a $10.00 administration fee and will be issued only when:
Summer Fun and Extreme Adventures Programs:
Registrant cancels more than 5 days PRIOR to program/activity start date.
When participant withdraws more than 5 days before an activity for non-medical reason and their spot is able to be filled by an alternate participant they may receive a refund, minus a $10.00 administrative fee.
Withdrawal requests received AFTER the program start date due to medical reason are subject to a pro-rated refund from the date of notification.
NO REFUND will be issued where:
The participant does not show up the day of their activity and a doctor’s note is not provided.
The refund amount is under $10.00 (G.S.T. not included).
Registrant has been asked to leave the program, as per program expulsion procedure.
Peace Regional Pool – If registrant gives less than 2 weeks’ notice before the start of the course or lesson.