Public Works Laborer
The Town of Peace River Public Works Department is accepting applications for two (2) temporary, full time Laborer positions. The function of these positions is to perform various assigned duties in relation to the maintenance and operations of the Public Works Department including support services to other departments of the Town of Peace River.
Hours of employment: Any nine (9) consecutive hours between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. with a one (1) hour unpaid lunch.
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found.
Dates of employment: As Soon As Possible – August 31, 2017 (negotiable)
Wage: Laborer 1 – $16.43 per hour as per the Collective Agreement
Applicant(s) shall possess the following:
- Experience in general laborer duties.
- Experience with small hand and mechanical power tools.
- Experience with light mechanical equipment.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s permit
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Operator’s permit an asset.
- Air Brakes Endorsement an asset.
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate or willingness to obtain.
- WHMIS certification or willingness to obtain.
Job descriptions are available upon request. Candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition # 17/025:
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Peace River, Box 6600 Peace River, Alberta T8S 1S4
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.