Public Notice of Application: Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
Posted August 9, 2018
In accordance with the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, the Town of Peace River has applied to Environment and Parks for a renewal to an existing approval to operate the Peace River waterworks system located on the Town of Peace River Lot C, Block 1, Plan 822 1739, River Lot 38, Shaftesbury Settlement, and consisting a raw water intake, a multi-barrier water treatment plant with treatment capabilities for coagulation, flocculation, clarification, membrane filtration, fluoridation and disinfection, a treated water reservoir, and an automated continuous monitoring system. The approval meet the Standards of Alberta Environment and Parks for safe, secure and sustainable water supply.
A directly affected person may provide input into certain regulatory decisions, as allowed by the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (section 73). Specifically, any person who is directly affected by this application may submit a written statement of concern within 30 days of the date of this notice to:
Environment and Parks
Regulatory Approvals Center
5th Floor, South Petroleum Plaza
9915 – 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2G8
Fax: (780) 422-0154
The written statement of concern should include the following:
- the application number 013-16517
- describe concerns that are relevant to matters regulated by the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- explain how the filer of the concern will be directly affected by the activities proposed in the application
- provide the legal land location of the land owned or used by the filer where the concerns described are believed to be applicable
- state the distance between the land owned or used by the filer and the site in the application contact information including the full name and mailing address of the filer. Please provide a telephone number and/or email address for ease of contact.
Environment and Parks will review each written statement of concern, seek more information if needed, and notify each filer by letter of the decision to accept or reject their written submission as a valid statement of concern. The Public Notice of this application will also be posted on the Department’s website at https://avw.alberta.ca/PublicNoticesViewer.aspx.
Statements of concern submitted regarding this application are public records which are accessible by the public and the applicant. Failure to file a statement of concern may affect the right to file a Notice of Appeal with the Environmental Appeals Board.
Copies of the application and additional information can be obtained from:
Town of Peace River
Attention: Christopher Parker
9911 100 Street
Peace River, AB T8S 1S4
Telephone: 780 624-2574
Fax: 780 624-4664