The Peace River Museum, Archives and Mackenzie Centre requires a Programmer to be responsible for operating the NAR Station as a heritage facility and a Visitor Information Centre.
The Programmer will be responsible for the daily operation and care of the facility including responding to queries at the Visitor Information Centre, and providing daily care for the collections on display. The Programmer will organize educational programming and special events as well as deliver public tours.
- Diploma or certificate in Museum Studies, Journalism, History, Library Science, Anthropology or Cultural Management – preferred.
- Two years’ experience in a heritage field preferred
- Previous programming, event organization and tourism experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the regions assets.
Dates of Employment: April 18, 2017 – September 15, 2017
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week. Some weekend work will be required
Wage: $19.00 per hour
Closing Date: March 2, 2017
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition # 17/011:
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Peace River, Box 6600 Peace River, Alberta T8S 1S4
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.