Notice of Bylaw
Posted June 7, 2018
Pursuant to Section 606 of the Municipal Government Act, being Chapter M-26 of the Statutes of Alberta, notice is hereby given that the Council of the Town of Peace River will hold a Public Hearing before the second reading of Bylaw No. 2032 to amend the Town of Peace River Land Use Bylaw.
Bylaw No. 2032 includes the following amendments to the Land Use Bylaw:
- Section 2 – adds the following definition for “cannabis”:
- “means cannabis plant, fresh cannabis, dried cannabis, cannabis oil and cannabis plant seeds and any other substance defined as cannabis in the Cannabis Act and its regulations, as amended from time to time.”
- Section 2 – adds the following definition for “cannabis retail sales”:
- “means a retail store licensed by the Alberta Liquor and Gaming Commission (AGLC) where cannabis and cannabis accessories are sold to individuals who attend at the premises.”
- Section 2 – adds the following definition for “cannabis production facility”:
- “means a premise used for growing, producing, testing, destroying, storing, or distribution of cannabis authorized by a license issued by Health Canada.”
The Council of the Town of Peace River will hold a public hearing as follows:
5:00 pm, Monday, June 25, 2018
Peace River, AB
The proposed bylaws may be viewed at the Town Office during normal office hours or online, tap or click the link below to view:
If you would like to submit written comments, file a petition against the bylaw, or require further information on this proposed Bylaw please contact: Thomas Deming Municipal Planner at P.O. Box 6600, 9911-100 Street, Peace River, AB T8S 1S4 Ph: (780) 624-2574, Fax: (780) 624-4664.
Please forward written submissions on or before June 22, 2018 at 4:30 pm.