L3 Lifeguard & Instructor
Town of Peace River is looking for an energetic and organized individual to join our team at the Peace Regional Pool as Lifeguard/Instructor L3.
The successful candidates will be responsible to the Lifeguard/Instructor L4, and will assist with providing maximum opportunities for the public to enjoy recreational activities at the Peace Regional Pool. This position acts as the Shift Supervisor in the absence of senior staff and is active in preventing injuries, providing general lifeguarding duties, teaching lessons, and ensuring the policies, programs, and services of the Peace Regional Pool are implemented.
- National Lifeguard Service Award
- Aquatic Emergency Care or a First Aid certificate recognized by O.H.S.
- Level “C” C.P.R.
- WHMIS certificate or willingness to obtain
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Minimum Grade 9 or equivalent
- Good public relations skills both on the phone and in person.
- E.D certification or willingness to obtain
- Water Safety Instructor Award
- One year experience in an aquatic environment (preferred)
- Demonstrated positive and effective leadership skills
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Pool ops 1 – or willingness to obtain
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license (preferred)
This position will work evenings and weekends
The Peace Regional Pool is an unionized workplace
Positions Available: 1
The hourly wage is set at $24.60
Closing Date: November 15, 2017
This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained in the Collective Agreement. The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Intervention Check. A complete job description is available upon request. Please forward resumes including at least three references to Competition # 17/033
Human Resources Coordinator
Phone: (780) 624-2574 Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all participants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted