Water/Wastewater Operator Level 3
(1) Permanent Full Time
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full-time Water/Wastewater Operator Level 3 accountable to the Water/Wastewater Operations Manager.
The Water/Wastewater Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Town of Peace River water and wastewater systems. These systems include:
- Regional Water Treatment Plant (WTP) operations, and Peace River Regional Airport water distribution plant operations;
- Town of Peace River Water Distribution (WD) system including Peace River Regional Airport water distribution system up to and including the customers potable water meter.
- Town of Peace River Wastewater Collection (WWC) system;
- Town of Peace River Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) operations; and
- Town of Peace River sewage drying beds and leachate pond system.
The Water Treatment Plant and Wastewater Treatment Plant duties include maintenance, laboratory, and administration. This position is considered a lead hand position and will supervise other staff on shift, and other duties as per request. This position shall perform all work in a safe and time efficient manner following all applicable codes, rules, regulations, and standards.
The following are minimum requirements for this position:
- Grade 12 High School Diploma;
- Alberta Environment (AEP) unrestricted Level III Certificate in Water Treatment (WT) Plant Operations;
- Alberta Environment (AEP) unrestricted Level II Certificate in Water Distribution (WD);
- Alberta Environment (AEP) unrestricted Level II Certificate in Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWT) Operations;
- Alberta Environment (AEP) unrestricted Level II Certificate in Waste Water Collection (WWC);
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license; and
- Competence in operating computer systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and PLC systems.
The following are desired and considered an asset to this position:
- College Certificate in Water and Wastewater Treatment, or a 2 year College Diploma in a related engineering or environmental program; and
- Valid Alberta Class 3 with Q endorsement driver’s license.
Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
Wage: $38.20 per hour as per CUPE Local 898 Collective Agreement
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Schedule: 10 days on 4 days off. On call required.
Candidates are invited to submit their resumes to Competition # 17/015:
Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Peace River
Box 6600 Peace River, Alberta T8S 1S4
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.