Water/Wastewater Operator Level II/III (1) Permanent Full Time
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full-time Water/Wastewater Operator Level II/III accountable to the Water/Wastewater Operations Manager.
Peace River is a progressive urban centre in northwest Alberta, and is a scenic, growing town that is home to just under 7,000 residents. The community is situated in the Peace River Valley and straddles the banks of the mighty Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and two hours northeast of Grande Prairie and has air, rail and bus services. In 2014 the Water Treatment Plant Upgrade Project was completed with Pall membrane filtration and is now a “state of the art” treatment facility (Level 3) capable of producing 14 mld. The Town also operates a Level 2 Wastewater Treatment Plant.
The Water/Wastewater Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Town of Peace River water and wastewater systems. These systems include:
- Regional Water Treatment Plant (WTP) operations, and Peace River Regional Airport water distribution plant operations;
- Town of Peace River Water Distribution (WD) system including Peace River Regional Airport water distribution system up to and including the customers potable water meter.
- Town of Peace River Wastewater Collection (WWC) system;
- Town of Peace River Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) operations; and
- Town of Peace River sewage drying beds and leachate pond system.
The Water Treatment Plant and Wastewater Treatment Plant duties include maintenance, laboratory, and administration. This position is considered a lead hand position and will supervise other staff on shift, and other duties as per request. This position shall perform all work in a safe and time efficient manner following all applicable codes, rules, regulations, and standards.
The following are minimum requirements for this position:
- Grade 12 High School Diploma;
- Alberta Environment (AEP) unrestricted level for the following:
- 3 Years experience in Class II or higher water treatment facility;
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license; and
- Must be immediately available to respond when on call.
The following are desired and considered an asset to this position:
- College Certificate in Water and Wastewater Treatment, or a College Diploma in a related subject program.
- Valid Alberta Class 3 with Q endorsement driver’s license.
- Power Engineer Class IV or V.
- Competence in operating computer systems with emphasis on data entry and processing.
Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
Wage: $33.18-$38.20 per hour as per CUPE Local 898 Collective Agreement
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Schedule: 10 days on 4 days off. On call required.
Candidates are invited to submit their resumes to Competition # 17/015:
Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Peace River
Box 6600 Peace River, Alberta T8S 1S4
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.