The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full-time Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator accountable to the Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager.
Full Time • Permanent Employment
Wage: $28.50—$32.56 hourly
Hours: Average 40 hours per week. Schedule of 9 days on, 5 days off.
Closing Date: September 11, 2018
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the water treatment/wastewater treatment process including maintenance, laboratory, administration and other duties as assigned. All work shall be performed all work in a safe and time efficient manner, following WHIMIS guidelines, the safe work policies, practices and procedures in the Town of Peace River Safety Manual and the Town employees Handbook as well as the standards and guidelines as stipulated in the Alberta Environment and Parks Approval
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Minimum level of formal education required is Grade 12 Diploma or G.E.D plus:
- Completion of an entry level water/wastewater operator training course approved under provincial legislation; and
- Valid Alberta Class 3 with Q endorsement driver’s license.
The following assets would be preferred:
- College Certificate in Water and Wastewater Treatment or, College Diploma in a related subject program;
- 1 year experience in Class II or higher water/wastewater treatment facility;
- Competence in operating computer with emphasis on data entry and processing;
- Alberta Environment Unrestricted Level I or higher Certificate in Water Treatment; and
- Alberta Environment Unrestricted Level I or higher Certificate in Wastewater Treatment.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages
applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 18/043).
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.