Tourist Information Centre Coordinator
Peace River is the cultural and economic hub of the North Peace Region. The town of 6700 people is nestled in the Peace River valley and straddles the banks of the mighty Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and two hours northeast of Grande Prairie.
The Town of Peace River requires a Tourist Information Centre Coordinator to deliver positively memorable experiences to visitors to the Town. This position will work closely with the Heritage Coordinator to manage the Visitor Information Centre located at the NAR station and assist with the delivery of school programming and public events at the and NAR Station. The primary focus of the position is to welcome visitors to the Town of Peace River, answer their queries and be an ambassador for the community. Interpreting the local history by conducting tours of the NAR galleries and conducting business in the Gift Shop will also be considered part of this position. Other tasks will include:
- Assist with preparation and delivery of public events hosted by the PRMA during May through August
- Develop a visitor survey for use at the historic sites, PRMA and the NAR Railway Station. Track results daily and make a comparative analysis of last year’s statistics and this year’s statistics.
- Help manage the NAR Station Gift Shop and daily cleaning of the NAR Station
- Collect information on local events and share with the public and the Mighty Peace Tourism Network.
- Assist with preparation and presentation of school programming in May and June.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle. Vehicle expenses will be reimbursed. The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Dates of Employment: May 21, 2018 – August 24, 2018
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week and Weekend work will be required.
Rate of Pay: $18.00 per hour
Location: Peace River, Alberta
Closing Date: May 13, 2018
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #18/020:
Leanne Cottrell, HR Coordinator
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.