Job Posting: Recreation Programmer
Posted October 21, 2022
Are you passionate about bringing quality recreation programs to your community? Do you love working with individuals of all ages? Then come join our team at the Baytex Energy Centre! The Town of Peace River is looking for an energetic, creative and outgoing individual to join our team in a full-time Recreation Programmer position. This position will include some evening and weekend work.
The Recreation Programmer is the primary coordinator of all recreation programs, including summer program implementation and supervision, annual events and programs at the Baytex Energy Centre. In this role, the Recreation Programmer will plan and facilitate high quality, age-appropriate recreation programs, community events and activities in an inclusive, safe and encouraging environment. Success in this position requires demonstrated initiative, leadership, planning, communication, problem-solving and teambuilding skills.
Full Time • Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Diploma or degree in Recreation, Physical Education, or Child Development Certificate preferred. Combination of education and lived experience that compliments the requirements of this position will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- A clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check are required.
- Must work effectively and efficiently with others and alone with little or no supervision, be punctual, self-motivated, communicate openly, take direction well, and respond to public inquiries in a calm and friendly manner.
- Physical job requirements include:
• frequent lifting of 30 pounds;
• Standing; and,
• working outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Successful applicant must be energetic, personable, and outgoing.
- Previous experience in working or volunteering with community events, organizing activities for others, and public speaking is considered an asset.
- Previous experience leading child and youth recreation and sport programs.
- Knowledge of program/event planning and design.
- Knowledge and experience working with recreation software program (BookKing, ActiveNet, CLASS, etc.)
- Knowledge of municipal government and administration of public recreation facilities is an asset.
- Understanding of child development and behaviors is an asset.
- Valid first aid certificate is required prior to start of employment. Training will be provided if necessary.
- A valid driver’s license and access to vehicle is required.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to the address below. Quote Competition #22/027.
Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.