Job Posting: Recreation Facilities Operator
The Town of Peace River Community Services Department is looking for a motivated individual to join the arena operations team, in the full time, permanent position of Recreation Facilities Operator. This will be the last season of ice (2018-19) in the existing Baytex Energy Centre before moving into the new state of the art Peace Regional Recreation Centre in Fall of 2019.
Permanent Full Time Employment
Wage: $23.65 for the 2018 year
Hours: 40 hours per week,
April to August, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
August to April, Monday 4:00 pm to 12:00 am, Tuesday 5:00 pm to 1:00 am, Wednesday 4:00 pm to 12:00 am, Saturday & Sunday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
To be successful you will be expected to have a positive attitude, be versatile in your knowledge and skills and enjoy working with the public.
This position is responsible for the daily operations of the Baytex Energy Centre. The position is responsible for daily arena operations from September to April, as well as daily parks operations from April to August. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing high quality customer service, arena ice plant maintenance, Zamboni operations, safe operation and preventative maintenance of a variety of motorized equipment, garbage removal and recycling, janitorial and grounds maintenance, snow removal, inspection and documentation, seasonal startup and shutdown of the arena, trail parks and playground maintenance, event support and building repairs. This position is focused on ensuring that the Town of Peace River arena, facilities, trails and public spaces are inspected and well-maintained for public safety. Due to the changing needs of each season and the wide range of responsibilities, attention to detail, excellent customer service skills and well-honed mechanical and building repair expertise are required.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license. (Recommend attaining Class 3 with Airbrake
- Level 1 Arena Operators Certificate
- Level 1 Parks & Sports Field Certificate
- Level 1 Building Maintenance Certificate
- Be self-motivated and able to deal effectively with the public
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbally
- Ability to effectively operate computer/programs as required
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- WHMIS, and First Aid/CPR training
- Be willing to continue training to improve job performance and aptitudes
- Works well with others, and handles direction and criticism in a positive
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings when scheduled
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Job descriptions are available upon request. The position falls within the scope of CUPE Local 898. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 18/029). Applications will be accepted until July 15, 2018.
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.