Job Posting: Public Works Summer Labourers
Posted April 28, 2022
The Town of Peace River is looking for four self-motivated individuals to join our team at Public Works in temporary, full-time Labourer positions.
These individuals will perform various assigned duties in relation to the maintenance and operations of the Public Works Department including support services to other departments of the Town of Peace River. The positions may require additional hours and shiftwork including weekends and evenings above regular scheduled hours.
Full Time • Temporary
Wage: $23.79 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, 40 hours per week
Term: ASAP to August 30, 2022
Closing Date: May 8, 2022
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Experience with the operation of hand and mechanical power tools, light mechanical equipment;
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s permit;
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate;
- WHMIS/TDG certification;
- Criminal Record Check;
- Education minimum Grade 12 or equivalent; and
- Basic knowledge of computer programs/applications may be an asset.
The following assets would be preferred:
- Experience in labourer duties within a municipal environment;
- Limited experience with operation of heavy equipment; and
- Equipment Safety training.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles
contained within the Collective Agreement.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Competition #22/009:
Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.