The Town of Peace River Community Services Department is looking for organized and ambitious individuals to join our Summer Parks Team. We are currently accepting applications for four (4) temporary full-time Labourer position(s). The main function of these positions is to perform various assigned duties in relation to the maintenance of the outdoor facilities and sports fields. These positions are unionized and may require additional hours including weekends and evenings above regularly scheduled hours.
Hours of employment:
Any nine (9) consecutive hours between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. with a one (1) hour unpaid lunch. Could include a rotating weekend split shift.
February 23, 2018
Dates of employment:
April 23, 2018 – August 24, 2018
$16.76 per hour as per the Collective Agreement
Applicant(s) shall possess the following:
- Experience in general laborer duties.
- Experience with small hand and mechanical power tools.
- Experience with light mechanical equipment.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s permit.
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Operator’s permit an asset.
- Air Brakes Endorsement an asset.
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate or willingness to obtain.
- WHMIS certification or willingness to obtain.
Job descriptions are available upon request. Candidates are invited to submit a resume, in confidence, to Competition # 18/007:
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.