Job Posting: Parks Labourers
The Town of Peace River Community Services Department is looking for an organized and ambitious individual to join our Summer Parks Team.
We are currently accepting applications for one (1) temporary, full time Labourer position. The main function of this position is to perform various assigned duties in relation to the maintenance of the outdoor facilities and sports fields.
Temporary, Full-Time Employment
Term: ASAP—August 31, 2018
Wage: $16.76 for the 2018 year
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Additional hours on alternating weekends will be required.
Closing Date: May 21, 2018
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Opening and closing the Water Play Park;
- Playground and outdoor facilities maintenance;
- Weed picking;
- Tree planting; and
- Tree bed maintenance.
Applicants shall possess the following:
- Experience in general laborer duties;
- Experience with small hand and mechanical power tools;
- Experience with light mechanical equipment;
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s permit;
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Operator’s permit an asset;
- Air Brakes Endorsement an asset;
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate or willingness to obtain; and
- WHMIS certification or willingness to obtain.
Additional hours including weekends and evenings above regular scheduled hours may be required.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Job descriptions are available upon request. The position falls within the scope of CUPE Local 898. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 18/024).
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.