Job Posting: Machine Operator 2
Posted April 28, 2022
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full-time Machine Operator 2 accountable to the Public Works Superintendent.
Full Time • Permanent Employment
Wage: $31.64 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. On call required.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Machine Operator 2 is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Town of Peace River including:
- Safely performing various duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Public Works, or his designate, related to the overall maintenance of the Public Works Department and other agencies of the Town of Peace River;
- Operate a variety of trucks and equipment, including: vacuum trucks, straight trucks, water trucks, excavators, skid-steers, backhoes and fork-lifts;
- Providing general maintenance and/or assistance for all municipal infrastructure systems;
- Provide general operation of the Public Works Department’s small hand tools, power tools, light and heavy equipment;
- Periods of strenuous physical work may exist;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions for extended periods of time;
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Maintain equipment through preventative maintenance; and
- Timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork.
This position will include being on call after hours on a rotating shift basis and must be immediately available to respond when on call.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Minimum level of formal education required is Grade 12 Diploma;
- Heavy Equipment Machine Operator Course from a recognized institute or equivalent;
- Valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes endorsement;
- Clean 5-year drivers abstract;
- Experience with hand and mechanical tools;
- Experience and operation of light/heavy equipment in relation to various facility equipment;
- Ability to lift 50lbs regularly throughout the day;
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate;
- WHMIS/TDG certification;
- Equipment Safety; and
- Trenching Safety.
Applicant shall possess demonstrated proficiency in the operation of a minimum seven (7) pieces of the following equipment:
- Motorized grader
- Tandem axle dump truck
- Single axle dump truck
- Snowplow sander truck, tandem axle, c/w plow
- Snowplow sander truck, single axle, c/w plow
- Vacuum truck
- Hydrovac truck
- Street sweeper
- Water truck 3000 gal.
- Loader, rubber tire
- Loader, tracked
- Bobcat, skid steer, c/w attachments
- SMI Snow blower, loader mounted
- Backhoe Loader, rubber tire
- Compaction equipment, vibratory steel roller
- Sewer flusher equipment
The following assets would be preferred:
- Heavy equipment experience with backhoes and front end loaders;
- General experience in labourer and equipment duties within a municipal environment;
- General knowledge of various municipal infrastructure systems; and
- Basic knowledge of computer programs/applications.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the e-mail below (quote Competition #22/008).
Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.