Lifeguard/Instructor L3 or Modified L3 (Supervisory Position)
The Town of Peace River is looking for energetic and organized individuals to join our team at the Peace Regional Pool in the casual position of Lifeguard/Instructor L3 or Modified L3.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible to the Lifeguard/Instructor L4, and will assist with providing maximum opportunities for the public to enjoy recreational activities at the Peace Regional Pool. This position acts as the Shift Supervisor in the absence of senior staff and is active in preventing injuries, providing general lifeguarding duties, teaching lessons, and ensuring the policies, programs, and services of the Peace Regional Pool are implemented.
This position will work evenings and weekends, and hours will be subject to change.
The Peace Regional Pool is a unionized workplace.
Wage for the 2021 year: L3: $26.45 per hour, L3 (Modified): $21.06 per hour
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Qualifications (Both Positions):
- National Lifeguard Award
- Aquatic Emergency Care or a First Aid certificate recognized by O.H.S.
- Level “C” C.P.R.
- WHMIS certificate or willingness to obtain
- Pool Ops 1 – or willingness to obtain
- Good public relations skills both on the phone and in person.
- Positive and effective leadership skills
- A.E.D certification or willingness to obtain
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Child Intervention Check
- One year experience in an aquatic environment (preferred)
- Demonstrated positive and effective leadership skills
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid Class 5 Drivers license (preferred)
Additional Qualifications for Lifeguard/Instructor L3:
- Water Safety Instructor Award
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement. The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Intervention Check. A complete job description is available upon request. Please forward resumes including at least three references to Competition # 21/023:
Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.