Job Posting: Labourer – (1) Permanent Full Time
The Town of Peace River Public Works Department is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full time Labourer position. The function in this position is to perform various assigned duties in relation to the maintenance and operations of the Public Works Department including support services to other departments of the Town of Peace River. This position may require additional hours, on-call and/or shift-work including weekends and evenings above regular scheduled hours.
Hours of employment: any nine (9) consecutive hours between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. with a one (1) hour unpaid lunch.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Wage: $27.09 per hour for the 2018 year, as per the Collective Agreement
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Minimum 36 months experience with the operation of hand and mechanical power tools, light mechanical equipment.
- Valid Alberta Class 3 Operator’s permit.
- Air Brakes Endorsement.
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate.
- WHMIS/TDG certification.
- Education minimum Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs/applications may be an asset.
The following assets would be preferred:
- Minimum 36 months experience in labourer duties within a municipal environment.
- Limited experience with operation of heavy equipment.
- Equipment Safety training.
This position may include being on call after hours on a rotating shift basis, and must be immediately available to respond when on call.
Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Competition # 18/027:
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
Town of Peace River, Box 6600 Peace River, Alberta T8S 1S4
Fax: (780) 624-4664
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.