Job Posting: Labourer – Temporary (Baytex Energy Centre)
Posted August 28, 2022
The Town of Peace River Community Service Department is looking for one (1) self-motivated and innovative individual to join our team at the Baytex Energy Centre as a Temporary, Part Time Labourer.
This position is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Baytex Energy Centre. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing a high quality customer service, safe operation and preventative maintenance of a variety of motorized equipment, garbage removal and recycling, janitorial and grounds maintenance, snow removal, inspection and documentation, event support and building repairs.
Part Time • Temporary
Term: September 6, 2022 to April 7, 2023
Hours: Shift work and various hours up to 32 hours per week.
Wage: $23.79 per hour
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Level 1 Arena Operators Certificate and Level 1 Building Maintenance Certificate considered an asset.
- Be self-motivated and able to deal effectively with the public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbally.
- Ability to effectively operate computer/programs as required.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- WHMIS and First Aid/CPR training
- Be willing to continue training to improve job performance and aptitudes.
- Works well with others, and handles direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings when scheduled.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 22/021).
Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.