Job Posting: Health and Safety Coordinator
November 25, 2022
The Town of Peace River is looking for an individual to join our team in the role of Health and Safety Coordinator. If you have a passion for safety, enjoy working with others, and have strong attention to detail, keep reading!
The Health and Safety Coordinator develops, administers, and implements companywide occupational safety programs to meet the goals and legal requirements of the Town of Peace River. These functions include, but may not be limited to, the assessment, facilitation and evaluation of injury prevention, environmental safety, occupational health and safety, and the development, implementation and consultation on safety policies.
Full Time • Permanent Employment
Salary: $71,136—$78,722 annually
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
Applicant(s) shall possess the following:
- OH&S Certificate Program and Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation are considered an asset;
- Three to five years’ experience in occupational health and safety;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the OHSA, AMHSA and Workers’ Compensation legislation, and all applicable regulations/legislation;
- Experience in a municipal environment is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize;
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team‐oriented individual with an
attention to detail;
- Working towards certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is preferred; and,
- Certified AMHSA Certified Auditor or willingness to obtain.
- Physical ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address to the right (quote Competition # 22/029).
Leanne Cottrell, Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.