Job Posting: Grants and Special Projects Coordinator
The Town of Peace River is seeking an individual to join our team in the temporary position of Grants and Special Projects Coordinator.
This position facilitates research, development, review, and editing of departmental and/or institutional grant proposals; conducts basic research for potential funding sources for operating, capital or other identifies projects and maintains databases while supporting administration in developing proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times.
- Works well with others, and handles direction and criticism in a positive manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in the fields of communications, commerce or equivalent training.
- Three (3) years of related experience.
- Experience in a government agency preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of grant application process and writing of applications; knowledge of various grant programs available to municipal government; knowledge of documents to track the disposition of funding with project managers and funding agencies.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant opportunities.
- Ability to take initiative and utilize innovative techniques and ingenuity in preparing grant/loan applications, and generate compelling narratives for funding applications and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Ability to develop, write and implement strategic plans and ability to provide necessary documentation to support grant requirements.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
Term: February 25, 2018 – February 24, 2020
Hours of Employment: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Wage: $26.92 – $29.05
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #18/004 by 5:00 pm on February 7, 2018. Complete Job descriptions are available upon request
Human Resources Coordinator
PO Box 6600
Peace River, AB T8S 1S4
We thank all participants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.