Job Posting: FCSS Programmer – Temporary
Posted September 26, 2022
The Town of Peace River is seeking a self-motivated and outgoing individual to join our team in a temporary FCSS Programmer position. The FCSS Programmer will provide social programs that promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families and communities. This position will include some evening and weekend work.
The FCSS Programmer is one of the primary coordinators of Family and Community Support Services programs and will work cooperatively with other FCSS staff to plan, implement and evaluate all programs and initiatives. As a Provincial partnership with the municipality, FCSS is mandated under the FCSS Act and Regulation to do community development and provide preventive
social programs and supports. Services under a program must be of a preventive nature that enhances the social well-being of individuals and families through promotion or intervention strategies provided at the earliest opportunity. Examples of current programs and prevention initiatives; Home Alone Course, Volunteer Income Tax Program, Mental Health First Aid, and Volunteer development workshops.
Full Time • Temporary
Wage: $31.27—$34.60 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday, up to 37.5 hours per week
Term: ASAP to March 31, 2023
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Post-secondary education in Social Service or Human Services Fields, education, or lived experience that compliments the requirements of this position.
- Related experience is an asset.
- A clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Record Check are required.
- Must work effectively and efficiently with others and alone with little or no supervision.
- Must be punctual, self-motivated, communicate openly, take direction well.
- Respond to public inquiries in a calm, friendly and professional manner.
- An awareness and astuteness of political matters in public administration.
- Be fair and unbiased when dealing with community groups and individuals.
- Physical job requirements include:
- occasional lifting of 30 pounds;
- sitting; and,
- standing for extended periods of time.
- Successful applicant must be energetic, personable, and outgoing.
- Previous experience in working or volunteering with community events, organizing activities for others, and public speaking would be considered an asset.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Valid first aid certificate
- A valid driver’s license and access to vehicle is required.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Complete job descriptions are available upon request. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes to the address below. Quote Competition #22/022.
Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.