Facilities Maintenance Worker
Posted September 1, 2021
The Town of Peace River is accepting applications for one (1) permanent, full-time Facilities Maintenance Worker accountable to the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and Public Works Superintendent.
Full Time – Permanent
Wage: $24.69 – $32.34 per hour for the 2021 year, as per the Collective Agreement
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. 40 hours per week.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
The Facilities Maintenance Worker is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the Town of Peace River Buildings and Infrastructure including:
- Safely performing various duties as assigned by the Facilities
- Maintenance Supervisor or his designate, related to the overall maintenance of Town of Peace River facilities;
- Providing general maintenance and/or assistance for all municipal infrastructure systems;
- Provide general operation of the Public Works Department’s small hand tools, power tools, light equipment;
- Periods of strenuous physical work may exist;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions for extended periods of time;
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Maintain equipment through preventative maintenance; and
- Timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork.
This position will include being on call after hours on a rotating shift basis, and must be immediately available to respond when on call.
Applicant shall possess the following:
- Minimum level of formal education required is Grade 12 Diploma;
- Valid Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes endorsement;
- Clean 5-year drivers abstract;
- Trades certification in one of the following: welding; plumbing; electrical work; building construction or Millwright;
- Experience with hand and mechanical tools;
- Ability to lift 50lbs regularly throughout the day;
- Standard First Aid/CPR certificate;
- WHMIS/TDG certification;
- Equipment Safety; and
- Trenching Safety.
The following assets would be preferred:
- Certification as a Facilities Maintenance through BOMI or equivalent;
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) certification;
- General experience in labourer and equipment duties within a municipal environment;
- General knowledge of various municipal infrastructure systems; and
- Basic knowledge of computer programs/applications.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Job descriptions are available upon request. This position is within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 898 and as such, you will be required to adhere to the articles contained within the Collective Agreement.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to Competition # 21/025:
Human Resources Coordinator
Fax: (780) 624-4664
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.